- I can say words backward instantly. No, I haven’t memorized how to say ‘supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ backward yet so don’t ask.
- When I say I’ve had about 40 jobs, I mean it. Yes, 40(ish) real, distinct, different jobs and they’ve taught me a lot and I don’t regret the diversity.
- I’ve been on all 6 inhabited continents. Just need stinkin’ Antarctica.
- My favorite place on earth is the Barnstable Yacht Club (above). It’s just so beautiful and stuffed with memories and contains all that is good about the world.
- I’ve never been in a real fight, but kind of want to. Like Tyler Durden said, “How much can you know about yourself if you’ve never been in a fight?”
- It’s hard for me to be interested in other people unless they’re really interesting. I know this isn’t a good thing — and I’m working on it — but I’m trying to be honest here.
- I secretly loved being quasi-famous for a minute. Is that bad?
- My favorite book in the world is a toss up between The Great Divorce and Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl. It’s not surprising that both address life, death, and what happens after.
- I struggle a lot with faith and trust and belief etc. — more so as I learn more. As Vernon Grounds said, “As the island of my knowledge grows, so does the shoreline of my questioning.”